Rosacea is a vascular skin disorder that is caused by the breakdown of the lymphatic system and the skin’s immune system. Rosacea produces unsightly physical effects and conditions range from mild to very severe, requiring medical attention.
Rosacea is not a condition that will heal by itself. If it is left untreated, the condition will worsen. Early treatment is the key.
The Visible Symptoms of Rosacea:
- • Flushing redness on cheeks, nose, forehead and chin
- • Erythema (redness), inflammationTightness
- • Small blisters, red bumps, pimples
- • Heat weals
- • Watery itchy eyes
- • Bulbous nose, Noticeable pores, baggy cheeks
- • In very severe cases of Rosacea, fibroplasia, distorted facial features etc
- • Sensations include stinging, burning, hot itchy rashes
What Causes Rosacea?
Rosacea can affect all segments of the population but more so with people of a fair complexion. Genetic links can be asthma, eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis and rheumatoid arthritis.
There are a variety of triggers that can cause Rosacea to flare up. These include sun exposure, stress, hot beverages like coffee, alcohol and spicy foods. Medications and cosmetics with irritating ingredients and fragrances can also contribute to the condition.
A deficiency of essential fatty acids and an impaired acid mantle (the skin’s protective barrier) are two major causes of Rosacea
For a more in-depth article on Rosacea, read the article entitled Rosacea Reality by Dr. Danné Montague-King.
The DMK Method of Treating Rosacea
For treating rosacea, DMK uses a combination of the ALKALINE WASH Treatment and the world acclaimed, highly effective ENZYME THERAPY Treatment. This combination of treatments reaches the core of the problem and addresses all the contributing factors that cause rosacea.
How DMK Treatments Work to Eliminate Rosacea:
- • Bacterial fighting agents work to kill off causative bacteria and the Dermodex mite
- • Reduces the inflammation, redness and swelling in the skin
- • Re-establishes the skin’s natural defense barrier
- • Enhances the skin’s natural functioning and normalizes internal processes
- • Strengthens the skin’s immune system to fight off further infection and bacteria
- • Strengthens the structure of the skin
- • Repairs and restores cellular integrity of skin tissue
- • Nourishes and moisturizes the skin with a rich supply of nutrients to keep it healthy